Wednesday 2 May 2012

Happy Little Helper

Over-locking as though my life depended on it! 
Also tonight I helped again with the Mondrian costumes as the filming is tomorrow and there was still a lot to make. Grace had adapted lots of jersey tops, adding geometric detailing to the midriff and she was busy making these into leotards as well as working on unitards. I had to take the tops she had fitted and over-lock them to the right size and hem them with over-locking.

To be honest, I found this experience quite a learning curve. Grace told me to cut along the chalked lines up the side seams and arms flip them right sides together and then over-lock up that edge. There was so much to be made that quality, I feel, was challenged. There was no time to make sure the garment was symmetrical or the curves were smooth and so I just got on with it. These leotards are for background artists and therefore there is unlikely to be any close ups on the sewing but I realised through this how anal and precise I like to be which on this occasion was my problem!

I'm sure as a collective these costumes are going to look amazing! They are going to be wearing balaclava type hats with visors in, which'll be really effective I  think and reminds me of this Kylie video below!




No comments:

Post a Comment