Wednesday 11 April 2012

Fabric Archive

Today I have been in the archive at uni looking at the fabrics books and trying to find out prices.

It is good to be able to look at the range of silks companies sell easily. I have booked out a number of the smaller books in order to take to the fitting with me. Along with the samples I got from London, this will give the Mayor more of a range of silks to consider. Please see in my workbook for my considerations of fabrics.





I had already got samples from James Hare and Bennett Silks and I wanted to find out the prices of these to know whether they would work with our budget. I rang up the companies but found this very hard because I was not a registered company. I also phoned a local stockist and gave them a list of the silks I was interested in, I will need to chase up this request as they were going to ring me back after looking through their price list.


I also ironed the robe in preparation for the fitting tomorrow. It is looking quite presentable and is exciting to imagine it in red silk. I am concerned about the hang of the gown still, because it is a lightweight fabric the fabric is not falling straight. I would like to discuss this with the mayor and see what he thinks, one option would be to use a heavier fabric or possibly to put small weights in the hem, as they did in some historic garments.

No comments:

Post a Comment