Monday 23 April 2012

William Dudley and Trevor Nunn

This weekend has been dedicated to Shakespeare at the V&A and with that Tassie and I arranged to go and see 2 lectures, one by William Dudley, a British award winning designer and a conversation with Trevor Nunn, who was artistic director at the Globe.

Trevors Nunn's talk was mainly about how he approached Shakespeare plays, setting them in different times, working with the language etc, which was interesting but would have been more relevant to other SDP projects. William Dudley's designs are quite multi media based, he uses a lot of video and he showed us amazing animations and set designs he had produced on the computer.

The content was interesting but what I found these lectures helped to confirm that I am determined to do a postgraduate degree. I have been looking into this for quite some time and after doing such a practical undergraduate I would like to do a more academic masters, though I understand the difficulty of continuing onto something like this without a humanities degree. I don't know when I should do this because of money but one day I would be interested in studying History of Dress or Museum Studies I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment