Saturday 28 April 2012

Midway Evaluation

I realise now is a good time to evaluate my progress so far on this project.

This week Abi has been on work experience. We decided to postpone the making until he was back so that we could both do an even amount. I think we are working well together and quite efficiently in order to optimise time.
I have been trying to immerse myself in the subject by visiting London and reading books. I feel however that I haven't really got anywhere with my research, as this area is so rarely written about. I love research and this has been incredibly frustrating as I have just been searching for where the origins of the silhouette may have come from. I really enjoyed going to the National Art Library. It was an environment that I loved and this, along with the lectures I attended have made me more determined to carry on my studies into postgraduate level. I feel that research is one of my strongest skills and I would like to develop these with regards to academic study.

The sewing of the toile was really interesting. I originally found it hard to visualise the 2D pattern pieces as the 3D robe and the toile allowed me to get my head around the shape of the sleeves. I feel I am becoming more confident with my understanding of it as well as with my pattern drafting skills.
We have just started cutting into top fabric which is nerve racking as it is so expensive and I dont want to make any mistakes. 

In the next few weeks we plan to be in uni nearly every day to get the robe finished as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment